Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wellies!!!

What is more depressing than a rainy day? Soggy socks and shoes on a rainy day! So, that is why, after his victory at Waterloo, the First Duke of Wellington created such a marvelous boot called a Wellington, a Wellie or a Rain Boot. So there's the history behind the name that when said, so many people give me a blank stare.
Anyways, I have been on a quest to find "the perfect Wellie" and so far, no success. The good thing is, this shoe can be worn in all seasons here in Maine so I won't find the perfect swim suit in October so to say.

I think I have had a dream about the perfect Wellie and it was a happy bright color...I think lime green.
But I think it had some kind of pattern to it...and perhaps it didn't seem as tall as this Wellie.
Then I happened upon this White Wellie at Nordstroms.com and thought it was the perfect shoe...what other type of shoe would you dare buy in all white except a rubber, waterproof, stainproof one. Well for all of you who fit into a size 5 I found you the perfect Wellie. As for me, I had to keep searching...

Ah, the perfect blend of white and a happy springy green...or so it appears. Thankfully, I did my research on Target.com and read the comments that reveal that this Wellie is actually green and yellow. So if that white is actually yellow, what color green is that really?? It kinda threw me for a loop.
Oh well, it is a beautiful day outside and my faux-suede boots will do for today. And the search continues.
POST SCRIPT:
I told my friend Rachel on Saturday night that I had to get off the phone with her because I was going to the store to buy Wellies, and that I would be sure to blog about it later BUT on our way to the store we realized that 1. It was extremely close to our boys bedtime and we had to wake up before the sun the next day and 2. It was Pi day (3.14.09) so we made a quick and better change of plans...we bought an Apple Berry Blast Pie for our friends (and a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie for us) and spread the Pi Day love with our Pi Day/Night Well-Wishes to the Boudreaus...and they actually got it without too much explaining:)
So Happy Belated Pi Day to Rachel and all those to whom I neglected to acknowledge the day's holiday:)

6 comments:

ZAC said...

SUPER CUTE!

Emily said...

what an awesome shoe! I hope it comes with a coordinating rain slicker and that you have a chance to wear them at least once a week.

brook said...

Happy Pi Day to you too!! I hope you find the perfect Wellies or at least continue to enjoy the search!

gwen said...

hmmmm A great adventure indeed: finding the perfect Wellie (I love the dots!!)Just like lawn furniture, they seem fitting for most all occasions... but Wellies could be smellies, so don't wear them to bed.. too often.

sarah e. said...

I hate getting soggy socks as well and I haven't had boots for ages, so I was in a similar quest. Luckily Mike found me some really fun ones for Christmas. Mine were yellow, blue and white plaid. When you get yours, we'll take a Wellie wearers picture together...provided we can get ourselves and our Wellies in the same state at the same time! Good luck in your search. :)

sarah e. said...

I personally am on the swimsuit search right now. Any suggestions?