You get more comments than I do...but with these awesome pictures - you should!!! You do have a beautiful family! I am a better person just by knowing you all! You rock! lv Kerry!
Hey Alexis & Ian!! I found you through Ashley's blog. You have such cute boys - what a good lookin' family! Maine looks pretty, but, probably pretty cold too!
"Daddy, I want to shave off all my hair and then I will look like you! People will walk up to me and say, 'Ian?'" ~Jacob
APRIL 2010
Tonight at dinner the boys were acting most boy-like when Ian finally took Ben away from the table and declared, "Well, you boys get F's in table manners tonight." Jacob asked me, "mommy what did he say?" I said "Daddy is disappointed that you didn't eat your dinner so you'll have to go straight to bed without a nother bite!" Ian came back in the room after washing Ben and Jacob said, "Daddy, I don't want to go to bed. See? I'm eating so well!" After a few meager bites Jacob asked, "So Daddy are your going to give me the F now? Is it a toy or is it candy?"
Benjamin has a real sense of humor especially for such a little guy. Most kids his age will do things that they think are funny over and over again eventhough other people don't quite get the "baby joke." Ben notices when other people think something is funny and even if he doesn't think it's funny he'll do it again and again making us cry from laughing so hard. Many of his favorite stunts, while very funny for us, may hurt him, like when he jumps as high as he can (which his pretty high) and then lands SMACK on his bottom. I think the diaper absorbs a bit, but not all the impact cause you can hear his brain rattle. A ritual at dinner: Jacob asks,"Hey, Ben. Can I see your funny face?" Be it mid-bite of his favorite meal Ben will turn to Jacob and squint his eyes shut so tight leaving the tips of his long dark lashes poking out above his chubby cheeks as the only sign that eyes were once there. He never gets the satisfaction of seeing the pure delight on Jacobs face, guess the roar of laughter satisfies him:)
MARCH 2010
While driving around Burlington VT Jillian said she was going to put Lake Champlain into the GPS. Jacob asked, "Can you put the sky into the GPS?"
Jacob learned a new song in primary today, "...Follow the possum don't go strange!"
Jillian jumped out of the car and said, "We need to fill up the car." Jacob asks, "Are you going to fill it up with icecream?"
Jacob: "There is a human walking down the hall. And he went to McDonalds!" Then later at the restaurant "That human is eating a Crabs Leg!!"
Jacob yells out of the bedroom door for me and when I get there he says, "Momma, this little guy needs you. Can you help him please?" Benjamin was crying because he didn't want to go to sleep. While I was rocking Ben, Jacob began a heart-to-heart. "Mom, I don't know what to do about my friends." I asked him what he was talking about. Very seriously he told me, "When we were praying on the burritos Enoch didn't have his eyes closed." Poor Jake, so much to be worried about:(
A couple of days ago, Benjamin came out of the bedroom crying in pain. I had an idea of what happened when I saw the red marks on Bens chubby cheeks, but I thought I would check with Jacob first. Yep, I was right. Jacob says, "I opened my mouth and put Benjamins cheek in it, then I closed my mouth." It happened again this morning :( Another mom at the Y came up to me and said, "I noticed your sons bite mark on his cheek. My son has one that looks just like that." Fearing that she was insinuating that both bites came from the same menace during Primetime I quickly reassured her that this came from his own brother earlier this. She looked horrified, "Oh! My son was bit by a dog!" She then gave me first aid instructions for him, saying that human bites are actually much worse than dog bites....I'd like to see that study!?
Commenting on the "bumper sticker politics" we see here in Portland, we dropped the name "Obama" a few times. Jacob pipes up from the back, defending our President, "Stop talking about Barak Obama!" After Ian and I do a bad job at hiding our amusement he then yells over and over again, "GO HOME BARAK OBAMA! hahaha GO HOME BARAK OH-BAMA!!! haha....." Talk about flip-flopping!
Ian: Jacob, you are such a good big brother. You are teaching Benjamin how to use the potty, and speak kindly, and sleep in a big boy bed...
Jacob: AND HOW TO BE A RABBIT!!
FEBRUARY 2010
I had laready said a prayer on our dinner, but after seeing what we had to eat Jacob made a request, "I want to talk to Heavenly Father!" In his prayer he said, "Thank you that I don't want to eat this food...."
Jacob today was sitting on the couch and said "I'm bored!" Two seconds later his friends Wafi & Waeil came over to play. At lunch Jacob said the prayer on his food. "...thank you for this food. Thank you that I was bored and now I'm not. Amen."
Miscommunication:
All of Jacob's underwear had just been washed, so I told him I'd quickly dry a pair for him to wear to bed that night. A few minutes later I walked from the kitchen into his room:
Jacob: Are they ready yet?
Me: Nope, I'm just getting them toasty warm:)
Jacob: And then we can put sprinkles on them!? (big hopeful smile)
**I thought we were talking about undies, Jake was referring to a conversation much earlier in the day about sugar cookies!!!
While driving home from Boston Jacob requested we listen to the radio and requested the "dragonfly song." Luckily Ian has the Owl City music on his palm so we told him "sure", but of course instantly the song on the radio change to "Fireflies."
At IKEA we chose a kitchen to play 'house' in. We all sat down at the dining room table and Benjamin (18mos) folded his arms, bowed his head, and when nothing happened looked over at Ian, pointed and gave a sharp yet encouraging stare.
With Ian on the speaker phone, while spending the night in Augusta, we asked Jacob to say our family prayer.
"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you that King Noah is Wicked. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
JANUARY 2010
We are trying to get Jacob out of the habit of saying the same prayer all day long "...bless this food, bless Anna..." so tonight at bedtime he was very concious of not saying his rote prayer. "...thank You that we can go to bed. Thank You for no food..."
Have you ever noticed how close Abinidi and Banana sound? Jacob just pointed that out to us tonight:) "Bananadi"
There is a poster on the nursery door listing all the children and there favorite things. I recently read Jacob's and learned that when he grows up he wants to be "a funny cucumber."
AUGUST 2009
At the very back corner of the store in Target Jacob insists we hurry to the bathroom. I excitedly pushed the cart at full speed ran with him and Ben into the bathroom encouraging him to use the toilet, when he protested saying, "Mommy!! I wanted to ride the potty-train!!"
MAY 2009
After we told Jacob we would be going to Utah to visit family, he informed practically everyone he saw that he was going to "Me-tah to see his Grandma."
Ian and I are talking in the car, with Jake and Ben quiet listening in the back.
Jacob: Jacob's mommy is talking to my daddy.
Jacob: Mommy, I want an angry muffin!
Me: ?
Jacob: Mommyyyy I want an ANGRY MUFFIN!Me: Oh, you want an ENGLISH MUFFIN
Jacob: yeah, an angry muffin:)
There's no political inuendos in this.
FEBRUARY 26th 2009:
Ian: Jacob what color hair does mommy have?
Jacob: Purpedoo
Ian: Jacob what color hair does daddy have?
Jacob: Burpupadoo
Ian: Jacob what color hair does Aunt Kiki have?
Jacob: Gray!!
March 22nd 2009
Jacob:Where is my sister??
He asked that all morning long after we drove our neighbor Randi Strout to Church
Ian: Jakey, I'm tired. I'm going to take a nap.Jacob: (comes over and gives Ian a kiss on his cheek) Night night da-da, I'll get you a blanket (runs in his room and comes back with a big green fleece blanket.
March 29, 2009
Jacob walks over with a rubberband and is trying to put it in his hair.
Jacob: Mommy. Will you help me be a girl??
Not to metion his hair is about 1/4 inch long...I just put the rubberband on his wrist and called it a bracelet.
March 29, 2009
While driving to church our serpantine belt started shredding and it made a horrible rhythmic sound. Jacob asks, "Are we on a choo-choo train?"
10 comments:
Those are great pictures Alexis. And your hair seems to be MASSIVE. Such volume in the back, whew!
i just can't get enough of these pictures! i love them!
So Cute! You have a very photogenic family.
Wow! I love your pictures, your family is beautiful. I can't believe Ben's hair! I'm so excited to see you guys soon.
Woah, everyone looks so grown up! Love the beach.
Yay! We can't wait to see you guys!
You get more comments than I do...but with these awesome pictures - you should!!! You do have a beautiful family! I am a better person just by knowing you all! You rock! lv Kerry!
What a great-lookin' bunch of people. I can't wait for you guys to come to Vegas to have a day in the desert with me.
Hey Alexis & Ian!! I found you through Ashley's blog. You have such cute boys - what a good lookin' family! Maine looks pretty, but, probably pretty cold too!
Oh my goodness. These are so gorgeous!!! You look SOOO good, girl!!! When are you coming to Utah. I miss you.
Post a Comment