Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

I was hoping to publish this post before Christmas Day but with so many fun things going on I am now here at 12:30 am on Christmas finally getting to it!

I had a bit of inspiration this past week for a Family Home Evening about who or what was born on Christmas.  We came up with a list, which I don't have in front of me but remember many of them:

Jesus Christ was born at Christmas.
Our Savior came down at Christmas.
We remember the Redeemers Birth, Death & Resurrection at Christmas.
We study the teachings of our Greatest Teacher at Christmas.
Lamb of God. (or as Jacob insisted, "Land of God")
Messiah.
Wonderful.
Friend.
Brother.
Lord (Jacob also came up with this one)
Repentance is because of Christmas.
Forgiveness is expected because of Christmas.
Forgiveness is given because of Christmas.
Love was born at Christmas.
Hope came down at Christmas.
Forever Families were made on Christmas.
Sacrifice was Christmas.
Mercy & Law are Christmas.
The Atonement.
Our Rock.
Our Salvation.
Resurrection for All.
Eternal Life for those who desire it was made possible at Christmas.

It's amazing to me as I have been pondering on the Condescension of Christ (to be born as Man on the earth) how everything is possible because of Him, because of His Father letting Him come here, and because He fulfilled his mission on the earth.  I hope I'm fulfilling my mission too.

Some of my favorite memories from Christmas this year:

Catching up with great friends. From Christmas Cards with pictures, stories or just a simple card they sent showing that they remember me!  To phonecalls saying that they didn't send me a card but that they were thinking of me nonetheless.  And of course the e-mail correspondences from those requesting addresses in hopes that they may someday send a card.  Such a great season of connections with the many great friends that I have been blessed with!

Having family in town. As I type this, every single member of my family is here in Las Vegas. This may never happen again (especially after all the in-laws realize how loud and hyper my family is!)  It's been great anticipating thier arrival and I don't look forward to when they're gone again.  We'll just have to plan more visitors!

Generosity.  A man standing behind us in the line at the Target Cafe paid for Ben's pizza,  my hot dog & Jake's mac 'n cheese.  Then after he heard Jacob asking for a drink and me telling him "No" he asked the cashier to throw in a drink for us.  That was really cool.  Who does that?  I hope I will from now on.  It made our day...or even longer:)

Having my family Christmas Carol to me!  I was babysitting for a friend who is my neighbor this week and I heard a knock at the door.  I looked out the peephole and saw the three happiest most anxious-to-carol elves I have ever seen.  I opened the door and I (and the two girls I was putting to bed) got a real Christmas treat.  Ian had cut pointed hats and vests for himself, Ben & Jake out of candy striped wrapping paper and came to bring us Christmas cheer.  I do believe I have the best family, including the best husband who is creative and PLAYS with our boys.  I was afraid he might be sick of children after seeing them all day at work but he comes home every night ready to wrestle on the bed, rock-out, or in some other way have some serious "boy time." They are the best!

Hope all who read this are doing well and feel the love of Our Savior, Jesus Christ, (the Land of God) now and all throughout the year.

Merry Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

brook said...

Oh boy, I love your family.

Geniel said...

This is beautiful, Alexis!