Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Maiden Last Name is Haglund:)


I was proud on Saturday night when Miss Michigan was crowned Miss America 2008. I should have known from the start that we were related but it was confirmed at the end when they said her name, "Kirsten Haglund." She's blonde, I'm blonde, she has a swedish name, I am swedish and to top it all off I think I remember my dad saying one time that he had a cousin who lived in Michigan, I bet that was her dad...so really we are probably second cousins! Anyways, I looked up some info on her and a local news report stated, "So far she is clean and hasn't had any scandals." Not bad for being in for almost a week. But seriously, she does have an unique platform and if she can accomplish it then I would be quite impressed. Go Cuz!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

You've got one thing that she sure doesn't, though. You've got a chance to be crowned MRS. America. Go for your dreams Mrs. Haglund-Childs. I know you can do it! Just be careful to not become too scandalous. :)

Unknown said...

i must say, this did make me proud..but at the same time..what happens when i am in the miss america pageant and then i don't win just b/c they ALREADY had a miss haglund america..so it kinda upsets me really.