Sunday, May 4, 2008

Where in the U.S. is Ian Childs???


I am sitting at my parents computer here in Queens, NY wondering when I will finally get to see Portland, ME. That all depends of course on when my husband and all our belongings get to Portland! Last I talked to him he was in Iowa City headed towards Freeport Illinois where his driving buddy, Jacob Hansen, served his mission. Last night they spent the night at a Holiday Inn (parking lot) but tonight they might wake up a very nice Bishop that Jacob knows and stay at his house...we'll see if they have the nerve to do that:)
Baby Jake is kinda confused with all this moving stuff. When we first started packing boxes and moving furniture he would just run around the open space and laugh. By the time we left Ian and Jacob's uncles and grandparents in Provo he was crying hysterically--he finally started to get what was happening. The other day in the subway a nice young girl was talking to him and when she got off at the next stop he fell to pieces! Everyone keeps leaving him! Needless to say he didn't stay in the Rego Park 1st Ward's nursery very long...maybe three minutes.
He likes talking to Ian on the phone, as do I, and we try not to call him excessively so he can drive safely. This morning when we were getting ready for church he was crying and pointing at the phone saying "Da-Da" so at 6:30 a.m. Ian's time we called him. Luckily he was awake b/c the sun was so bright coming into his "hotel-room-of-a-car" and Jacob listened intently to his dads voice and every once in awhile would kiss the phone. What a sweet daddy's boy! So as I drift off to sleep tonight I will wonder, as I'm sure Jacob did too, Where in the U.S. is Ian now?

6 comments:

Alice-Anne said...

Ian and Alexis--cute family. Congrats on upcoming boy #2! I found your blog among others from our old Provo ward and had fun reminiscing and seeing what everyone is up to!
johnsfamilyjargon.blogspot.com/

Rachel Ann said...

Alexis! I can't believe your gone! I am going to miss you! You are one of my best friends and I don't know what I am going to do. I am glad you made it out there safely and I hope Ian gets there soon.

brook said...

We miss Jacob too!

Tiffanie said...

Awe, we miss you guys. I'm so bummed that we didn't get to hang out before we both moved. Our week before the move was so crazy-read my blog. I can't wait to hear all about Portland, ME. Here at our apartment complex we park next to two cars that are from Maine. I think about you whenever I see those Maine plates.

Jennifer Lyn said...

We are sad that you guys are gone. I was really hoping we would all finish at BYU at the same time. I loved the movie of Jacob. He is so cute. Emma will be sad to not have another Jacob to play with. Good luck with moving in. Moving is no fun. I am anxious to hear how Maine is. Good luck on your new adventures! We love you guys!

Ben and Summer said...

Alexis! I found you - hope that's OK! I blog-stalked you from Tiffanie's blog. I can't believe how long Ian has to drive - I would die. I can't drive on the freeway much longer than a couple hours. So sad that this is all so crazy for little Jacob, hopefully once you guys get to your new place he'll settle in (and you too). I can't wait to read the rest of your blog and keep in touch! Check us out at familykaufman.blogspot.com