Thursday, May 15, 2008

Here we are!





We have disappeared off the face of the earth for a week and now here we are in Portland, Maine. We have had lots of ups and downs, but we are truly grateful to our friends and family who have been so diligent about keeping in touch with us, and now we hope to reciprocate! Ian has been so sensitive to my crazy emotions of moving and being very pregnant so he told me any time I get sad that he will take me to my "happy spot." Williard Beach is about 8 miles from our house and about 2 miles from our church building so we have been to my happy spot several times already. Even Jacob has a good time there. We haven't explored too many of the indoor features because we are going to save some stuff for the winter days. So far the weather has been beautiful, in fact it hasn't rained once in the week we've been here (which in Maine means the fire dept. is on call for forest fires--I think we brought Utah's weather with us!)





9 comments:

Unknown said...

i was so excited that you had updated your blog with NEW maine pics!it looks so gorgeous..i can't wait to visit :)

brook said...

You can never blog too much! We're excited to come see you in July! Here is a link to Heidi's blog in case you want to see it. http://heidipbandj.blogspot.com/

Tiffanie said...

Wow! Maine is gorgeous...as I've always heard it was. You guys are going to have so much fun! That playground right on the beach looks awesome. I'm glad you made it safely to Maine. Could you email me your new address? tiffaniembryant@yahoo.com
When does Ian start school? Not until the fall, right?

Tiffanie said...

p.s.
how do I change the dates on my blogs. I remember you said you did that, but I can't figure out how.

Erika said...

Let Jacob know that he can call me again whenever he wants. I can't wait to hear more about "Gogo".

Jennifer Lyn said...

Maine looks so beautiful! I am jealous. You guys look like you are having so much fun. I loved the video of Jacob. He is adorable. I am glad that you guys are together as a family again and that you made it!

Ricki said...

Alexis, I have a great idea! You should have your baby out on the beach at your happy spot. Think about it, the waves mirroring perfectly each contraction, the baby coming out with the tide (and just as gently). Okay, now I'm waxing poetically corny. But I still think it's an option worth considering.

Scott Baird said...

Hil and I are SOOO jealous. I have been wanting to visit the East again for couple years; now maybe I will have enough reason to go. We miss our little neighbor a lot! Have fun at the beach and exploring Acadia while we swelter through another Provo summer here...

Rachel Ann said...

I decided I should comment on peoples blogs because I like it when people comment on mine. I miss you living a few blocks away! I know we didn't really hang out a lot the last few months... but it is different now that you are across the country!