Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sleepless days and nights!


It's 6:30 on Saturday morning and no cartoons to enjoy:( I have gotten about 8 hours of sleep. Not bad if that was for one night but it's been three days. You might assume that Benjamin or maybe even Jacob would be to blame for this but of course Benjamin has been the best sleeper ever and I have just had horrible headaches to blame!! It's very ironic, I think, that I have been having such miserable pains because pretty much everything I read online about postpartum headaches have to do with epidural problems. But, as many of you know, I was unlucky enough to feel all the pains of labor because I had an unmedicated birth and still this!! No fun:( Hopefully we'll find a solution for this soon.
In the meantime though, I was killing time on the internet and remembered that Benjamin had his picture professionally taken at the hospital and I had forgotten to look. I was so happy when I found this cute 1-day old picture and thought others might enjoy it too! For my birthday, Ian got me a new digital camera so I'll have to post some pictures and you can all see how Benjamin is growing!! I keep trying to catch him when he has a little "milk-drunk" smile on his face but the picture just doesn't do his cute little dimple on his right cheek justice. You will just have to see it in person ;)
Well, Benjamin just woke up and wants to eat---Yay, some company:)

2 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Alexis and Ian!!!! Congratulations. He is SOOOOO cute. Oh my goodness. Alexis, you are the woman! Good job on doing the labor without drugs. I know it may not have been your choice, but you did it!!!! I would have died.
I'm sorry you have headaches. That stinks. I had headaches after Chloe was born. She was a few weeks old when they began. I never figured out what it was, but they went away after a week or so. No fun! I hope you feel better soon.

Congrat again! You guys have a beautiful family!

Amber and Ryan said...

He is precious Alexis! Congrats! And I hope you feel better soon.