Friday, August 22, 2008

Childs Visit: Day Four

Now begins the really relaxing part of the vacation: sleeping in, shopping and going to the beach!! It felt really good to have a slow morning. I took my time getting ready while Ian and his family went to check out Old Navy's awesome sale. Last year my friends Rachel and Jen got some awesome deals there- shirts for only 97 cents! When I told Rachel that I had to use self control to not buy more than I did she reminded me that the shirts were cheaper than a taco---point well taken. So this time when there was a sale at O.N. (in the mens department- nothing for me) we went crazy. Ian got 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of shorts, 6 collared, polo or rugby shirts and 1 t-shirt all for $3.00!! Amazing. Unfortuately the super-d-duper sale was not on but Chandler still found some decently priced "back to school" clothes.


When they got back I was pretty anxious to get out the door A.S.A.P because I wanted to get there when the waves were at their strongest so we could do some serious boogie boarding. Luckily, Jacob was not too hard to wake up early from a nap to go to his and my favorite place...the BEACH!! for your viewing pleasure:
We got there in time for everyone to take a turn on the board!


Munching on some hummus while the baby gets lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves. Benjamin is such a good baby and slept pretty well at the beach. Our friends let us borrow their beach tent so I could nurse in a little more privacy (eventhough at the beach a nursing mom is more modest than pretty much everyone there) and so Ben could stay out of the sun. We have a pretty good system down but still it is an adjustment to be a mom at a beach instead of a carefree teenager body surfing every wave you catch. I was so lucky to have Ian's parents there to sit up with Benjamin and have Chandler play with Jacob so I could play. When we left the beach last weekend (without Ian's family, just the 4 of us) I told Ian that by the time our kids are old enough that I can enjoy the beach without worying about them, I'll be too old to enjoy the beach! Chandler and Jacob having a race to see who gets to China first.
Jacob covered in sand. He likes to be one with the beach:)I think this picture was about to capture all the top of Jacobs head was covered in wet sand.Jacob knocking down Chandlers cool tunnel.

Teaching Jacob to surf on a boogie board.
Learning what quicksand is.
In this picture Jacob is being instructed on how to spit. He never figured it out, but instead kept wiping his sandy hands on his sandy tounge trying to get the sand out. In case you are wondering, it doesn't work.And of course, because Higgins Beach stole Ian's wedding ring a few weeks earlier Ian thought he might at least try to find it. This is the second time Ian lost his ring, but it wasn't the second time that he miraculosly found it again:(

We thought it only appropriate to later eat the food we had just been swimming with. I got fried clams which were delicious (which means they were fried well and the tartar sauce was great--clams don't have much of a taste), Ian got shrimp, Geniel got clam chowda (that's how you say it), Larry and Chandler got lobsters and Jacob was brave and got a hot dog and fries;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i loved all the beach pics! i want to come watch your kids at the beach so you can body surf :)