Sunday, August 24, 2008

Childs Visit: Day Six

Task at hand: Get everyone fed and dressed and to church (including the two people we pick up downtown and without Ian who was at the church at 7:00) by 9 a.m.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED (and with a few minutes to spare!)Benjamin didn't even spit up on his nice white suit right as we were leaving like Jacob did:) I thought for sure that since we actually needed to be there on time that today would be the day that the drawbridge would be up and we would be really late to church. But we got there on time (by the way, a 'thanks' to my dad who was caravaning behind us and at the end ran some pretty "orange lights").
It was really cool to have my dad and Ian's dad along with the Bishop help Ian give Benjamin the blessing. I was nervous that Benjamin would cry through the whole thing because it had been about 2 hours since he last ate but he was perfectly quiet. I later found out that it was due to Ian's dad's ingenuity to use his finger as a pacifier. Worked like a charm!!
I did, though, get homesick for our Provo ward and the joke that the Bishop made after each baby blessing. He'd say, "Now, can the mother please stand up? We would like to acknowledge the small role she played in this too." Oh, gets me every time! That is a lot of family that gathered together for the blessing. Maybe not quite as much as was there for Jacob's blessing (two full pews of people!) but we were soooo grateful to have his grandparents and uncle there!A friend pointed out that we now have the average sized american family. Now we can win a "trip to DisneyWorld for a family of four!" All growing up I thought I'd have to win the sweepstakes twice in order to get my whole family anywhere.This is a cute picture. But it is even cuter when you know that he was posing for it! He actually pushed both of his grandpas out of the picture because he wanted the photo shoot all to himself.This picture displays the reason why I don't have as many candid pictures of Jacob at this age. He just doesn't stay still very long. It has become a tradition that when we have visitors we stop by the Portland Head Light after church. This was the very first Lighthouse in the U.S. comissioned by George Washington! (This picture is for you Jen!)
Looking toward Portland from the Head Light in Cape Elizabeth.
I don't know why we bought an expensive stroller for this summer. Jacob got lot's of free rides. After a nice roast dinner and blueberry cobbler for dessert, Benjamin took off his vest and got all cute for people to take his picture.
He likes the quilt his Grandma Childs made him. Reminds him of the boats that he sees around Portland. While Benjamin and I chillaxed at home, Ian drove out to a cool covered bridge. I went there once but I never got out of the car because I was finishing "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." After looking at these pictures I regret having been so addicted to that book.I believe this is the Penebscot River.I imagine some good words of wisdom were shared here.Fish? Duck? Rocks?
Cookie Monster. Meet, PANCAKE MONSTER!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i never thought about having to win the sweepstakes twice..that made me laugh haha..
it seems like all the pictures i want to see bigger i can't click on but the ones not of my cute nephews open big. weird.
oh and you should probably teach little jake how to bite on the inside of his cheeks to make a model face..maybe for his next photo shoot.