Well, if you are still scrolling down past the older posts to find these "new" even older posts, then good for you! You will be well rewarded with this last and final post of the Childs Visit:)
*Note: I will not be able to go back and blog about Erika and Liz's, Jake's, and Brook's visits and the several from my mom, dad and McKenzie but we sure had lots of fun fun fun times with our many visitors this summer. Thanks for all your efforts, you daring travellers, to come to this "wasteland" of a State. Turns out it's not so bad afterall! I guess we'll just wait until January to see if the rumors are true!
We love having guests visit for days like this. We had never been to Old Port before, but since it's the best place to buy souvenirs and has the most fish pounds we headed to that part of Portland today.

Chandler found his Wharf.

Water Parking Lot.

Seagulls. They make me feel like I never left Provo.

We made it! We found a parking spot on Mackworth Island. This is much smaller than Peaks Island. There are no residents, only a State School for the Deaf. It is about a mile all the way around the island.

We went back to the exact spot that Jacob spotted his first crab, but the tide was in a bit more so we didn't find any, as he says, "abs."

I love seeing things like these stairs because I always think "Eagle Project!" I can picture an almost 18 year-old scout gathering as many people as possible early on a Saturday morning, promising doughnuts in exchange for their cooperative help.

I love how the trees are so lush that it's so much darker in the woods than in other places that time of day.

When Erika was visiting she read that you can help make ferry houses while on Mackworth Island. I tried to imagine how much help Ben, Jake and I would be building any type of shelter for ferry boats. Then I discovered they are
fairy houses. There is an area on the island set aside for people to gather branches and rocks and leaves to create homes for these make-believe fairies. It's supposed to help create ownership from visitors so they will want to keep the island beautiful. Must be working, there were tons of houses and the island is beatuiful!

Jacob looking for "abs" while...

...Ian sees if his wedding ring didn't just make it's way over to the island shore.

Again, why did we bring the stroller?

Ian's parents bought four hard shell lobsters at the pound in Old Port. They were a little more expensive but have more meat and are supposed to last longer in the fridge. Unfortunatley this one was the only survivor. We still cooked them all anyways.

I think a lobster was the last thing Jacob expected to see swimming in the kitchen sink!

I think cooking lobsters in our apartment was part of 'Maine inititation.' Sometimes you still get a little wiff of the "coakroaches closest cousins" when the oven and stove are both hot on a muggy day.

Authentic. Fresh local corn, cole slaw, clarified butter and lobster bibs. And now we own lobster crackers and picks!

This is not too rare a scene in our house. Jacob LOVES his little brother. He is so sweet to him and always gives him kisses (and lots of toys!!)
2 comments:
lex..i should probably thank you for helping me prostinate my homework just a bit longer..usually when i check your blog, you haven't updated it so i just end up having to actually do my hw but today you did not let me down!
The area looks gorgeous out there. Jermaine would be in heaven with all of that seafood---YUM.
We have the same infant car seat as you!
Post a Comment