Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Childs Visit: Day One

Ian's parents and brother Chandler made the long journey from Provo Utah to Portland, ME, via the dreaded red-eye through JFK. To make sure they would adjust to east coast time as soon as possible we started sight-seeing right away.



After a short nap we headed to Kennebunk and Kennebunkport. It was really a pretty drive but I think we were all just soaking in the picturesque city with it's beautiful and abundant mansions through the windy tree invested roads too much to take any pictures. I wouldn't mind owning any one of those gorgeous houses. The architecture of each one was so unique and somehow it made it so the enormous houses looked almost "quaint." Each one also had a guest house as I'm sure their second cousins twice removed would suddenly want to visit them. They all had beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean and a nice multi-million dollar mortgage to go with it:)



Here are a few glimpses into Kennebunk: Water, water everywhere!
The Bush "Compound"


Benjamin loves the ocean!

We take any chance we have to fly our "Winnie the Pooh Kite." It sends beach-goers into panic when Jacob runs around yelling, "Pooh!"The beach we were playing on is to the left of these rocks. To the right is the mouth of a canal for boats and kayaks. Further to the right was another 'nicer' beach that Jacob was determined to get to. Luckily Ian was there to hold him back!
"The Loaf and Ladle" We are regulars at this Portsmouth, NH restaraunt. (going twice makes you a regular right??) We went there a couple weeks earlier with Ian's sister and our good friend from Provo, David Healey. I got onion marmelade on my sandwich and it was really good. Who would have thought!
Bye, Bye Portsmouth and your many bridges and one-way streets!



:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i had no idea you'd gone to all these places! it looks gorgeous :)

Alexis said...

yeah, I feel bad. you'd think in the like 5 times you've been here I would have shown you some cool stuff...but we just hang out and eat icecream:)