I have been scheming a great new post to make up for lots of missed updates, but then the computer freezes, it's time to run an errand etc. SO here goes the things I would have blogged about(and with pictures)...Ian finishing his hardest semester at UNE...we are now on the downhill:) Christmas (12 hr. drive to Pittsburgh via NYC and an unexpected stay at a motel during a blizzard in Connecticut? Vermont? I can't remember) New Years (and 12 hour drive back--back to Maine safe & sound) trips to Mackworth Island and other beach trips in the snow...quite a surprise for Jacob--A snowsuit instead of a bathing suit And a snowcastle instead of a sandcastle -- and have you ever seen frozen seaweed? It's really quite beautiful. Ian learning to "Icebike" so he can still make the 1 mile commute amidst the snow and ice. Climbing 15 foot snowbanks in our parking lot and calling them "Big Mountains" and sliding down... even without a sled--a spontaneous activity we had to partake in because it was warm (in the 20's) And on those days that are single digits and below we escape to our favorite refuge: the YMCA (or as Jacob calls it the ABCA) where the boys play while I get some much needed "me-time" on the treadmill or in a Yoga Class, and of course the luxury of the swimming pool...a WARM swimming pool for the boys where Jacob can stand in the shallow end!
Well all in all we are having an Awesome Winter here in Maine....I know I've told many of you this many of times but my only reason for not wanting to stay in Maine is how dark it gets!!! Bummer:(
Well Ian is done shoveling our car from the 21 inches of snow in the parking lot so I better get the boys bundled up and head out....TARGET here we come!!
Oh and have a very Merry Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
lxs You are doing incredible things with your incredible husband in an incredibly beautiful place...
INCREDIBLE!
Post a Comment