There is so very much to be thankful for right now but I would just like to mention one right now: We are in Utah! And all that it entails:
Thanks to my dad for flight benefits and for "ferrying" us out here so we had higher priority and the boys got some grampa time.
And thanks Brook and Linwood and Kenz for greeting us late, late, late, Friday night.
Then another huge thanks to the Childs for hosting us and my siblings (and their friend) and Scott and Hilary, and Jake and Karleigh and Chandler for hanging out with us all an playing games.
I also felt very fortunate to get to see a good friend from back home, Meghan, and her boyfriend, Danny, who is also the brother of my old friends Isaias and Lester...what a small world!! So fun to see them.
Thanks to all my old Provo Peak 1st Ward friends who I got to see at church on Sunday and then those who gathered for a playgroup (which actually made me really homesick...thanks a lot Jen, Rachel, Tiffanie, Cami, Libby and Joanna!)
And then there's the whole "Timpview Group"...Dave, Curtis, Thad, Jacob and then today I got to go to my favorite store IKEA and see Sarah (and I happened to run into one of my other favorite people, Rachel, there!) and then we headed off to see Ashley and her gorgeous baby, Sarah. (Pictures of Sarah and Jacob will be posted later---they were adorable. Jake kept kissing her and for about 2 hours after couldn't stop talking about her!)
And of course I am so thankful for Ian, Jacob and Benjamin who have been so flexible on this trip with weird schedules and very thankfully a not-so-weird mom since anxiety levels have actually stayed remarkebly low on this trip!
There are so many other people and circumstances on tis trip I have been so grateful for but I'm trying to learn to write shorter posts.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We are happy that you and your family are having a nice Thanksgiving holiday and are making fun connections.
We look forward to your return to the right coast where Thanksgiving all started.
Love,
Mom and Dad
We are so glad that you guys came! It was so fun to see you and get caught up. We miss you already! And hope your flight home went well.
Hope you are doing well! You are an amazing person Alexis and I love and miss you. Sounds like you had a whirlwind vacation, but a fun one!!
It was so fun to see you guys!! Maybe next year we'll be out there for school!!!
Sounds like your Thanksgiving would get a TAA stamp of approval. If such a stamp existed. You know, I'm glad it doesn't, because I would over-use it. TAA approved pre-cut carrots, TAA approved frozen vegetables -- the possibilities are endless.
Oh, and here's our blog address that I promised to give you:
http://warrensmithfamily.blogspot.com/
Lex, I love your blog!
What is your email?
mine's elizabeth.hetzer@gmail.com - shoot me an email so I can have your address. Would love to stay in touch and hope to see you and your wonderful boys on your next visit to NYC!
Much love,
Lizzie
Post a Comment