Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Visiting People We Love

So, we are back--In case you had noticed we left. I went out to Utah to see Jake & Karleigh get married (wahoo!) and to go to my sister-in-law Hilarys baby shower (fun-fun)...then I headed East to Pittsburgh via JFK went to church there, started making plans with my mom about our fun-filled week doing preparations for the Pittcburgh Wedding Reception when, well, we both realized (these are her own words) "...that Lex is a Wife 1st a Mother 2nd and a wedding planner 103rd." Sad truth...but it is the truth we discovered. So we spent a lovely day in Pittsburgh talking about wedding things, perusing through IKEA, and then off to the airport.

My mom took sympathy on me and flew with us from PIT to JFK then I did the JFK to PWM by myself, but since I'm such a prideful person I had her park the car at the airport while I got our tickets, checked in our 2 suitcases and then took two sleeping boys through security...just to prove to her that I could do it...though I did very much appreciate her assistance and company on the flight to JFK. Then after a last minute gate change in JFK we boarded, drove everyone on this late night flight crazy for 1-1/2hrs, got all psyched up to walk from row 25 to the front of the plan where our awesome stroller would be waiting at the jetway...but WHOOPS an aircraft had stolen our spot...which is a problem at PWM cause there are only like 11 gates. So undaunted, I walked down the stairs while crew member distracted my kids (Thanks Charly!!) I set up my awesome Phil and Ted's stroller, breathed in the delicious 10 degree Portland air, took a few trips up and down the stairs carrying our belongings with Jakeys carseat strategically strapped to my back and trying to bundle the boys best I could (since I have found it easier to travel without coats on board...and usually it is), we ran across the tarmac got into an elevator and then when the doors flun open the Angels Sang the Hallelujah Chorus ---there was IAN!! He had gotten a gate pass so he could see us the very first second possible, thanks:)


On the drive home that night I realized how much I missed Maines snow, trees, water evrywhere and our little apartment we call home. To properly initiate our grand homecoming Ian had a Dance PArty mix all ready for us on the computer so we danced and danced and danced and Jacob amde sure all his toys were still there and that all the rooms were still in their proper place then we danced some more before finally respecting that we have close neighbors...so we went to sleep...in our own beds. It was a happy reunion:)


BUT THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT OUR TRIP DIDN'T TOTALLY ROCK....BECAUSE IT MOST CERTAINLY DID! As evidinced by the few too many pictures below:
Wedding Mr. & Mrs. Jake Haglund



I think this is the only picture anyone has of Jakey with his tie on

Ben was happy to be all dressed up (see the vase in the background? Jacob kept walking over to it trying to find the fish inside. so cute)



I was definately not present when my 7 month old was eating a hot pepper. YIKES!
(in case you were wondering, my brother Jake is very creative and has a tradition of pepper boutineers for fancy occasions)



I think if Ben tried to smile bigger his face would explode! Have I ever mentioned he's a happy baby?


Brook and Linwood

Sisters Pic! (Kenz and Brook were the "grooms maids" and I was the "grooms maide of honor") Although the groom never knew it, it's just how we justified our outfits.

YUMMY SANDWICH!

Uncle Chandler & Uncle Woody

Dobson Family Pic...Zoe was the cutest little flowergirl!

PLAYDATE
Jacob acted like it hasn't been almost a year since we last went to storytime. Greeting the Bronze Boy as usual.

Avery & Drew
I found myself feeling really old as I was so excited to see all these kids who didn't remember me and weren't as impresseed as much as I was of "how much they've changed!" At least their mom's remembered us:)

A perfect example of how they have changed since we left---Chloe has so much personality and crawled on the couches and ran around and Emma sat listening very intently to the story... so much fun to see everyone again!!

Here is the adorable red-headed Ella whose sock was pulled off by Ben!

This picture captures some of the "baby boomer" of 2008 in the P.P. Ward:
Lucas, Camilla (whose being bullied by Jacob), Ella & Benjamin


Rachel & Jacob

Summer, Emma, Me & Benjamin


Levi & Eve (Anabelle was off working---We missed you!)
Haglund Time

The snowman my dad made with his bare hands...which his grandsons were unfortunately not too impressed with.


Aunt Kiki & Jake

FRO-YO!!! Oh, how we wished there was frozen yogurt in Maine!

Uncle Josh got quite the workout "Benjamin style" (Ben loves to jump!!)
Jacob wanted to be the icecream king. He was very focused on trying to balance it.
CHILDS' TIME

Jacob with Grandma & Aunt Bepa...he loved this genie. A couple nights ago, when he was pretty much asleep he mumbled something about 'Uncle Scott pulling off the genies head.' ???

They're probably equally exhausted, but Erika is better at hiding it.


At Hilary's Baby Shower Jacob discovered that he loves Polly Pockets. Ian's cousins tell me they make Spiderman and Batman ones, but he doesn't seem to know the difference.


Odd man out.

Ben & Taunia...did I spell it right??
We are so glad we got to stay another day so Ian's cousins all got to meet Benjamin!!!

I said, "Say Cheese!" This was the reaction:)

She'll have one of her own soon!!!

Wendy & Alexia...some good talking was had:)
FuNnY fAcEs



9 comments:

brook said...

Thank you so much for posting all of those pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I know I did! You're a great mom and a great sister. I love you.

Anonymous said...

i love you and your family lex. you are so amazing. i'm so glad i got to see you!!

About Me said...

Looks like you had fun. I love all the pictures. Your boys are getting so big.

Jennifer Lyn said...

I am so glad that you made it back okay. I have been thinking about you and flying with two kids. You are brave! It was so fun to see you. Thanks for taking time to hang out with us. And I need to break that thumb-sucking habit!

Erika said...

I am so glad I got to come and see you guys for a minute. I love the pictures and miss y'all so much!
-Auntie Bepa

Ben and Summer said...

Holy lots of picures, Batman. What a geat post! I love that you got to do so much and see so many people in such a short amount of time. Thanks for the playdate. It's so awesome when friends are still friends after they move away! Oh, and have I mentioned that I LOVE the family pic on top of your blog? What a gorgeous family!

Caroline said...

You guys look great. Thanks for posting so many great pictures.

Tiffanie said...

Wow. You guys packed a lot into that trip! It was so nice seeing you while you were here!!!
And hahaha about the comment you wrote on my blog about that dance classes. Loved it!!!

brook said...

and just when I can't think it can get any better, I check back and you've put captions on all of the pictures! I love your family!!