Monday, March 30, 2009

What we have been up to

Celebrating St. Patricks Day with our family's tradition : SHAMROCK SHAKE!! (We went at 10 a.m. and we got the very last one!)

Ian managing to break his wrist doing homework!?! Or maybe it was just a casting "practice lab":)


Benjamin and I took a Saturday morning to flight to NYC to see my dad, Meghan, her dad and see our friend Dave get baptized! It was lots of fun and if the return flight hadn't been delayed and we had got home before 2 a.m. I would even consider doing it again today!

Driving to Gramma and Grampas from JFK (You can't even tell we woke him up at 4 a.m. --- he was such a great traveller)
In the Manhattan Church elevator with Meghan (It was a true "NYC building"--5 stories straight up.) I love this picture, don't we all look like we like eachother!! L-R Me, Dave, Meghan and VANESSA HUDGENS!! (not really. ironically her name is Gabriella though Tough NYC Sisters...Sisters Miller, Sterling & Wadsworth with DAVE!A little Grays Papaya before going to the Manhattan Temple:)My dad watched Ben while I was in the temple...he showed him some true luxuries... Street Vendor Hot Pretzels Carousel!

Central Park! My dad looked like every other NYC mom with his Maclaren strollre:) Returning him to me --totally exhausted from the Big City Adventure.
Chicken Man!!!
A quick tub before our flight back....

...returning to Portland at an un-earthy hour totally wasted. But so glad we went! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow i look really ridiculous in all of these pictures but oh well! i am so glad you came down this weekend! this seriously was the best weekend ever. (you should find a way to let me steal your pictures though, it won't let me!)

Emily said...

Wow, what a trip! I think I would have died way before 2am. Sounds like a lot of fun though!

brook said...

That is so cool! I really need to get to know this little Ben boy. I guess I will in a few weeks!! Did you get a new stroller?

Alexis said...

no, I borrowed that one from Elizabeth V...I only brought Ben, a diaper bag, and a carseat--i packedl ight for once!

Geniel said...

You are both amazing travelers! So glad you could do this.
I have to admit that the picture of Ian's arm did cause a moment of panic, I could use him tomorrow, I need a good idea for April Fool's day.
love you

sarah e. said...

How fun!! You are so cool! I need to come visit sometime and see you and your adorable family!

Theresa said...

How fun that you were here in NYC for a baptism! You will have to let me know next time you come down. I love that your dad was pushing the stroller around :). I also love that SNL video clip you posted. It is much funnier (and sad:) now than it was three years ago.