Sunday, June 20, 2010

A few great weeks...

These past weeks have already flown by so quickly.  I think if I don't record now what we've done I will forget it ever even happened during the next few whirlwind weeks. So not for entertaining purposes but, For the record...

Went to Boston Temple with Audra. Thanks Jessica for watching the boys :)
Stake Relief Society Conference--last time in Augusta, ME Stake :(
Ian gave a beautiful Mothers Day talk...I was late for because he "let me sleep in."
My angel of a therapist and her daughter took me and my boys out for dinner <3
High levels of anxiety--disaster avoided after a few phone calls.  Sorry Missy. 
Picked up the Wrights from the airport.  Jacob and Max reunited!
Portland Young Women Spa Night.  Black polish with neon pink & green swirls.
Packing, Cleaning, Cardboard Box Dumpster Diving.
Playgroup at my favorite beach, "The Waters of Mormon" Berkley & Mandy : keep it up :P
Deedra's Baby Shower -- Great Job Anna & Kerry!!
Rachel called from Utah wondering when I was coming West...I was in the middle of packing boxes ;)
Road construction begins on Forest Ave ... blocking our apartment : /
Picked my dad up at PWM, then mom at the Greyhound, then Larry and Geniel arrived at PWM.
Graduation Festivities: we're done with PA school--Jillian and Jason too!!!
Packing, Train Museum, Ward Activity Prep, Seafood Lunch and Farewell to Portland Headlight.
"Linger Longer" Last ward activity --- and it was a SUCCESS!!
Packing,  Cleaning, Final Cardboard Box Dumpster Dive.
Packing, Cleaning, Painting, Loading Moving Truck, Lobster Dinner, Sunset Walk on Beach, Motel.
Cleaning Check (Full refund!), Farewells: Wafi & Wael will be much missed:( On the Road!
7 hours in a 100 degree car - NYC!!
PANCE (PA Board Exam) studying Begins 24/7
Van A/C repaired :) Queens Zoo, then looooooong drive to Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh 6th Ward Memorial Day Picnic at Moon Park - Classic.
Ian studied and studied. Took PANCE. Got 747/800. 97% in US :)
Called Jenilee in LA...so excited to have one friend there!
Ian, Mom, Erika, Josh, Pat, Jake, Toltons: Unpacked moving truck and prepared our house, THANKS!!
Using LA WST Craigslist LOTS.  Stove, microwave, fridge, dining table.
Sewickley YMCA...we miss our Y:(
Pittsburgh with Brook, Kenz & Tracie.  Arts Festival, IKEA, Gabes, Catching Lightning Bugs.
Ian arrives back in Pittsburgh. Talks in Church that day :/
Jacob discovers watercolor painting.  Benjamin tries to knock the door down at bedtimes.
Tried to fly to Barbados. 1-1/2 hours later Ian picks me up at the airport. It was my choice.
Quality Family Time: Pirates Game, Dinosaur Museum, Bonfire, Hanging out.
Trying to sell our 2 cars here.  Trying to buy 1 car for CA.
Calling friends in Portland.  Hanging out with Wendy in Pittsburgh.
Working on the house in Pittsburgh--Ian has blood blisters. The boys make swimming pools.


....Hopefully more full weeks to come:) INCLUDING Finally moving into our home in California!!





5 comments:

sarah e. said...

Are you driving the whole way? Stop here, stop here! :)

Jennifer Lyn said...

Wow! What a crazy few weeks! Good luck with the rest of your move. We are excited to have you guys in Cali.

Emily said...

That sounds like so much fun--I miss Pittsburgh! I hope everything goes smoothly with your move!

Unknown said...

I think you should refuse to do anything but sit on the beautiful CA beaches when you get to your new home. You deserve a break! I am so excited to have you guys "so close".

Kerry_Kid Giddy said...

i miss u!!!