I'm also still in love with the Ocean.
My Class
There were spots for five mom's from the YMCA to learn to surf for free. Boy was I lucky, being a mom and belonging to the Y are two things I already love!!
A surfboard is a bit awkward to hold...
...especially for pictures...
"Ahh, it's getting away from me-- snap!"
I'm at a loss of cohesive words to describe how wonderful surfing was this morning. Here are random thoughts and observations:
- If I lived on the beach, while my boys are napping right now I could just run out and catch a quick ride.
- I can't help but smile and giggle inside when I think about how awesome morning surfing is. While running errands later I thought, "These people don't even know what fun I've already had today!"
- When there was a lull in the waves I wanted to fall asleep on my surfboard, and make that my new home. Then I saw Ian, Jake and Ben on shore and figured I'd first wait until they all had boards too.
- I wish I could ALWAYS live by a beach...I don't think that will happen:(
- A couple gallons of freezing salt water was forced into my sinueses, ears and nose today...but I think I've since then gotten it all out. Quite invigorating being pummled by waves is!!
- The surf shop I rented from was Aquaholics. I am one.
- Surfing is a really great way to make new friends. Like Hildy, Jess, Darcy, Cathy, Sierra, Ty and Deb. Surfing is also a really great way to make people not want to be your new friend. Like The-guy-in-the-red-board-shorts...I said I was sorry you missed that awesome one because I was in front of you:/
- I really like that we don't have to worry about Sharks in Maine.
- Tomorrow, a different mom group is meeting in Kennebunk to go surfing. Anyone want to play with my boys at the beach, please???



13 comments:
yayyy! you did it and it looks like you're a natural! it was captured pretty well in the video actually..and i loved seeing little jake playing on the shore as you were surfing in :)
So jealous! Can you believe that I grew up in southern California and never learned how to surf? Crazy huh? Looks like so much fun though.
I don't know why they can't just give you that wet suit and the matching surf board. Nobody will look as good as you do. I'm really excited for you to teach me even if we just have to stand up on our boogie boards.
I want to play with your boys on the beach!!! I also want to try surfing again. I made a valient attempt my first time, but was less than successful. You will have to teach me next time.
Jealous much!!!! I am so glad you are pursuing things that you like to do... that is what life is all about...
Congradulations on catching some waves!!!!
Christa
How fun!! You are amazing.
That looks like a blast! What a fun new hobby. I would babysit for you so you could surf. :)
you are the coolest and hippest mom ever! We miss you guys! -Rach (baby girl #3 is due in 4 weeks!!!)
How come you're so cool! I don't think I've ever been surfing, even though my dad is a surfer! How did I never get him to take me?
And I think Brook has it right...they should just give you the board and wet suit!
I AM SO JEALOUS!!! For years my New Years Resolution was to learn how to surf (I'm from Southern CA now!). It never happened. You have inspired me to think about it once again. And I'm so sorry to hear how your teacher brutalized you. It seems like you most definitely overcame your shyness! Phew. Another success story to add to my growing list.
You go girl! I'm so jealous! I love surfing! Now that you know how we can go together when we are neighbors living on the coast in southern california. I broke my phone and don't have you number anymore. What is it?
Its your long lost friend Abby McMillen. I saw your blog on Amy Teemants and wanted to see what your family was up to. I am so impressed that you surf. Holy cow! It is so hard to do. And good for you to find the time while being a mom! Sometimes its hard to sneak in those hobbies that we love. Your family is beautiful and I am so happy you are loving Maine!
Post a Comment